Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The Big Renovation

To make room for our baby boy we're expecting in December, we had to make a just a few changes to the house.

The office will become the baby's room, which meant the computer & office stuff had to move... the only place for that was the laundry room, but the laundry room wasn't big enough, so that meant... CONSTRUCTION!

The garage & laundry room BEFORE.




Hazel had fun helping Daddy out- this is just before they starting putting holes in the wall to take the existing wall down!

Putting up the new walls.
Hazel helped us a hide a time capsule inside the new room-
I wonder if it will ever be found?!
Here's a glimpse into the new room, while Scott was spraying the texture on the walls.
Testing out the new ironing board... maybe this new room will
encourage me to start ironing my clothes so I'm not always wrinkled!! We'll see...





A few finishing touches...

And voila! A new and improved, much bigger laundry room, with plenty of counter space for the computer, and lots of storage for office stuff and more!!

Many thanks to Scott, Gary (D2), Rick (D1), and everyone who helped along the way! I love you all, and I love the new room!!

4 comments:

Grancy said...

WOw! What a change. I know this will be a handy addition. Thanks for sharing. Lots of hard work, but what a nice place to work. Loved your color scheme.
Love,
A. Nancy

Angie said...

Looks awesome! I wonder if other families do as much renovations and additions as ours when new babies are coming:-) How lucky you guys are all so talented. So what's next???

Em said...

I love it! What a great place to hang out! (So to speak)

I guess I will be giving you spray starch for Christmas!
Love,
E

Angie said...

Came to see her again, these just crack me up!