Monday, July 4, 2011

Life & Surprises

Looking back at pictures from the past few months, it's overwhelming to even try to figure out where to begin, or to try to select a few pictures to post. I think it's interesting how much things have changed even in my short 30 years- it may have been easier to pick out a great picture or 2 when you are getting a roll of 24 pictures developed... but then there would be no website or blog or email to share those 2 great pics. So instead I get the joy of just browsing through my hundreds and hundreds of digital pictures, some taken by the kids of toes or ceilings, and some that are so perfect they could be in a magazine, all the while being totally overwhelmed in deciding what to post about.














So here it is: I am a very blessed person. I live in America, where I get to enjoy all my freedoms, and especially to live my life as a Christian outloud. As a mother watching my children grow & discover, I think I am finally starting to get a glimpse of what God must see every day, watching us grow & discover this beautiful Earth that He made just for us. I am so blessed.















I am married to a wonderful man who truly loves & respects me just because I am me. What a joy to go through life with a person like that. Together we get the joy of raising 2 beautiful, loving children. Being a mother is hard at times, most certainly the hardest thing I have ever done, but then I think to myself what an amazing opportunity to help mold 2 of God's little creations. I am so blessed.

And then I spend the weeks surrounding my 30th birthday being surprised by my sister flying in from London, my mom & Emily flying in from Arizona, Angie & Claire flying in from Colorado, all because they and Scott love me so much. A wonderful luncheon surrounded by moms, sisters, aunts, cousins, and friends was a beautiful way to celebrate my actual birthday. And then when I thought it was all over, a surprise in Denver with Erin & Shaun from Arizona, Stephanie & Brian from Texas, Becca & Bear and the kids from California, joining me & my family, my mom & dad, and my extended family through loving Scott... all because they and Scott love me so much. I am truly blessed.









































It's been a great 30 years, and I look forward to whatever God has in store for me in my future, because I know it will be great.

4 comments:

Angie said...

What a wonderful life you have and you are so loved. I am so glad that I have gotten to celebrate this time with you and this is only the beginnign of what God has planned for you.

Love the pic of Zane and Hazel and that one of Steph. Both look like magazine pictures:-)

Biomimicry said...

You are loved and that's easy to do because you are so loving. it was a great time and the memories live on. It is almost unbelievable how everything just came together so perfectly for your 30th birthday. Of course, we have to recognize that this cause Scott a little stress, but it worked out to be the surprise he wanted it to be for you.

Love all the pictures of our family.

Francie said...

Enjoyed reading your memories of turning 30. You are indeed blessed but also a blessing to those who know and love you. Great pictures. fran

Grancy said...

What wonderful memories we all have sharing your 30th. birthday. Fun times being with those who love you. God has blessed each of us by having each other.
Love you.