Talk about talent! Lisa never ceases to surprise me. Two weeks ago she showed me a picture that was on a some stationary she had. She said, "Do you think we could paint this? I think it would be cute to have in the baby's room." I said, "I couldn't paint, but if you want to try go ahead. "
As crafty as she is, she began looking for ways to make paints and locating scrap wood to build a frame for her canvas she was going to stretch. After an hour or two she came to me and said, "I have found some paints that might work and some wood. Could you build me a frame?" I looked at her with amazement and said, "If you want me to I will, but it might be cheaper and quicker to go to Michael's and buy the canvas framed, instead of building a frame and buying canvas then stretching the canvas." She agree and off to Michael's she went. It took her several hours, but here's what we got....
Paint brushes, stretched canvas frame.....$12.37
Acrylic Paint with easy clean up.....$5.79
Gas to Michael's and back.....$1.23
Lisa first attempt to paint......
Whimsically PRICELESS!
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
The Unknown Artist
Posted by Scott Slusher at 11:02 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Love the colors and design! It is all coming together beautifully. The painting looks great too! There are a lot of artistic genes on Scott's side and now it seems on Lisa's side too.
Love,
M
I love the room! And the painting...WOW! What an artist. You guys make a great team. Maybe we could hire you for a few art jobs around here:-)
Post a Comment