Saturday, October 4, 2008

Oh, Hazel!

We've been having so much fun with our baby girl as her little personality develops. Hazel is such a funny baby, and she is starting to learn when she does something funny, because even she laughs!!


She is beginning to be very vocal, saying things like, "ma-ma-ma" and "ba-ba-ba." (Scott's still waiting on "da-da-da"!! We thought that Dada was the first word most babies say?!) The other night, we even left a restaurant we were eating at to go out to the patio, not because Hazel was crying or fussing, but she was just "talking"... and let's just say she hasn't learned how to use her inside voice yet!!
We think she's been watching Mollie too much, because she has a new favorite toy-
Yesterday, when Hazel was trying to crawl to me, instead of going around the chair, she decided it would be better to go as the crow flies...
And feeding times are getting to be pretty messy, as Hazel thinks that she is old enough to help... but helping usually results in her hands in the bowl or grabbing the spoon at her mouth... which just makes for one messy baby! Usually her cereal and food ends up all over her face, in her hair, and all over her chair!
But hey, at least she's having fun!

10 comments:

Alex and Melissa said...

You might want to think about putting Hazel in baby modeling?!?! She is precious!!
Every milestone is so exciting to watch, Jacob still has a hard time understanding "inside voice." :)
Hope to see you at Christmas time.

Angie said...

Oh she is adorable! I can't beleive she decided to crawl under the chair, did she get stuck? Glad she is having so much fun!

I am looking forward to seeing her and hearing her sweet laugh.
Love YA

Nicole H. said...

OK she is just so fun. What personality. Thanks for letting us peak in now and then to see how she's doing. Did you get any of your pictures printed?

Auntie Steph said...

Ha ha, I obviously got to you when I said that you have 1/4 the amount of kids as Angie and yet she puts more pics up than you!!! Thanks for these... I love to see her at every stage! Can't wait to chat again soon on skype :)

Em said...

What a smile! It is almost unbelievable that she is getting around so quickly! Look forward to seeing all of you!

love,
Em

G said...

Is she learning a lot from the dogs or is she just smart? Actually, caring things in your mouth while moving frees up at least one hand.

Grancy said...

My how she is growing. Somehow I fail to keep up with her progress. This must change. So glad she is a happy baby.
Love,
A.Nancy

Marquez Nest said...

Oh Hazel, such a personality! Can't wait to see you guys again!

Francie said...

It's been awhile since I checked in with Hazel. Such blue eyes and look at those four teeth and walking around furniture!!! She is growing up way too fast. Can't wait to see you all in 4 weeks. Your blog looks great, I like the background and your scripture verse. Fran

The Owl Diary said...

Oh she is too cute! And getting so big! I hope you all are doing wonderful!

-Kristyna

Ps I'll be sure to regularly look at the blog. =]