Monday, October 27, 2008

Black Tie & A Bike Ride

This past Saturday night, Scott & I attended a black tie dinner for our Rotary district's Million Dollar Dinner. We had a great time dressing up, and had a wonderful evening at the beautiful Sanctuary at Camelback Mountain. We even had the honor of meeting a past Rotary International president, Louis Giay, who was a funny & inspirational speaker. We felt so great to be able to participate in such a phenomenal event.



















On another note, we made an improvement on the birthday present Scott got me last year... my mountain bike got a baby seat!!












The weather this morning was so beautiful here in Gilbert, so we took Hazel for her first bike ride to the park. She had a lot of fun, and so did Mom & Dad!!
























6 comments:

Em said...

It is evident where Hazel Marie gets her sweet smiles and good looks. You two are beautiful people inside and out.

How times have changed with bike riding. I used to just put Scott and Angie in a plastic seat with no helmet, and not seat belt are safety bar and then just ride down big hills in Denver at about 25 mph!

I cringe now as I think of what could have happened , but at the moment it was glorious and Scott and Angie were full of glee! Of course, they trusted the "Mommy" would take care of them.!

Alex and Melissa said...

Ohhh lala, Looking good Mr. and Mrs. Slusher. How fun to have such a fancy night out.
I love the Helmet on Hazel. I bet it has been nice spending more time outside in the nicer weather. The park is going to become one of your most visited places...at least it looks like you and Scott have just as much fun as Hazel :)

Anonymous said...

You guys look great! Lis, your hair turned out really well- give Mom kudos for that one! I'm glad I could "be there" for the trial run too ;)

I'm glad that Miss Hazel had a good time at the park and somehow she even manages to make a helmet look adorable!!! Love you guys xx

Angie said...

Lisa you looked beautiful and Scott, very sauve. It is so fun when you get to get all dressed up.
Love the bike seat, do they make those for 2?? Hazel looks so grown up in that helmet. I did't even know they made them in her size. Where was your matching helmet...

Erin Yunt said...

Look at the first pic of Lisa and Hazel in the helmet and tell me that Hazel doesn't look like Steph when she was little!!

Grancy said...

What a beautiful couple. So glad you all had a night out. Sounded like you really enjoyed the evening.
Hazel Marie seems to to enjoy her outings. How blest to have a mommy that can ride a bicycle.
Love,
A.Nancy