Sunday, September 27, 2009

September... full of adventures & ending with a BANG!

September started with a nice 2-day drive to begin our Colorado trip. We stopped off at Monument Valley where Hazel enjoyed running around, and we got to enjoy some great views. During our trip, Scott was in charge of gas fill ups, while Hazel took on bug-patrol!



Colorado was filled with relaxing family time. One of our favorite days there included day camping just outside of Oak Creek. We enjoyed the great weather, fishing, playing in the water, and cooking hot dogs & S'mores over a campfire!



















In Steamboat Springs, we went to see the annual Sheep Dog trials, to watch the town's Rubber Duck Race, and enjoyed plenty of delicious meals and calm nights back at Aunt Angie & Uncle Dan's house.






We also spent time in Oak Creek, helping at Emmie & G's church house and enjoying the quaint little town. The kids all loved Oak Creek's Labor Day Parade!













After 2 weeks away, we headed back home. Hazel loved seeing her doggies, and they seemed to like having us back home!
Baby Boy Slusher continues to grow strong. He's about 2 1/2 pounds right now, and doing great!
Big sister Hazel got a chance to celebrate Sesame Street's 40th birthday back in Gilbert with a few of her best friends- Elmo & Cookie Monster!!












And as September winds down, we are looking forward to the cooler temperatures of October, as well as the adventures the holiday season will bring us. We're spending our last September weekend relaxing and enjoying naps and sports... after an exciting morning of going in person to watch a building in downtown Phoenix being imploded!! We had a great view, and got there just in time for the countdown...

8 comments:

Angie said...

You guys have had a busy September and we are glad that you we all got to spend time together up here. You have pretty awesome pics. I love the one of Scott and Haz in Monument valley, WOW! And of course the one of all 5 at the parade. It reminds me of a Norman Rockwell pic:-)

Krusers said...

I agree that you had a busy and fun September. The pictures are great and beautiful scenery. I'm with Angie on the picture of all of the kids. Hope Em & G have a copy of it:) The building coming down is amazing. Way more fun than on the news.

Auntie Steph said...

These are super cute pics! I decided to have a closer look at the one Angie mentioned so I enlarged it to find Lisa in the reflection...trying to get them all to smile or where you just really excited about the parade Lis?

Love you guys and I am loving how big baby Zeus is getting!

Grancy said...

What great time all of you had. So glad that Hazel Marie was able to enjoy her cousins. It is hard to believe that of the little ones are getting so big. What fun times and great memories. You see I do not check my e-mail often. Must improve. Thanks for sharing.
Love,
A. Nancy

Em said...

How great a September is that? Glad we got to be a part of it!

Em said...

Things we will remember with joy.

Angie said...

That bang of the building is soooooooo COOOL!!!!! I wish I could've been there. Thanks for sharing.

The Rich Family said...

Sounds like you all had an exciting month! I hope all is well. The pictures are really cute:)
Love,
Dee Rich