On December 28th, at 7:13pm, Lisa, Hazel, and I welcomed Zane Scott Slusher to the Earth in a exciting and some what funny way. This is the story and pictures of this wonderful day!
Monday started of like any other Monday, an early morning waking up to Hazel's sweet voice of "Mommy...Daddy," a shower, and a rou
tine trip to the doctor to check on our baby boy, which would be our last doctors visit for an ultra sound and to schedule an induction.
We had been anticipating this Doctors visit because we had hoped not to need an induction, but "baby Zeus" was quickly approaching 42 weeks and had still not wanted to come. The Doctors were not comfortable letting him go any longer, so we schuduled the induction for December 31st in an attempt at having the first baby of the new year.

After leaving the Doctors office Lisa and I split up to visit with family and do some after Christmas shopping. We planned on meeting at the Chandler Mall later in the afternoon and go home to finish getting ready for our new baby.
At 6:00 Aunt Angie, Hazel and I were still at the mall and my phone rang. It was Lisa! This time she was a little concerned saying, "that she wasn't sure but she thought maybe she should go to hospital." I told her we were on the way and we would see how she felt when we got home.
We arrived at the house around 6:25 and entered the house to find Lisa in the shower having painful contractions and ready to get to the hospital. After a few minutes of trying to get Lisa dressed we were off and this is where the story goes very quick.
Thank you Lord for our Handsome new gift!
We had been anticipating this Doctors visit because we had hoped not to need an induction, but "baby Zeus" was quickly approaching 42 weeks and had still not wanted to come. The Doctors were not comfortable letting him go any longer, so we schuduled the induction for December 31st in an attempt at having the first baby of the new year.
After leaving the Doctors office Lisa and I split up to visit with family and do some after Christmas shopping. We planned on meeting at the Chandler Mall later in the afternoon and go home to finish getting ready for our new baby.
Around 5:00pm Aunt Angie, Hazel and I met Lisa at Nordstroms to exchage a few items. At 5:30 Lisa began feeling tired and said that she wanted to go home to rest and that we should stay and finish looking around. We questioned this idea but Lisa assured us that she was just feeling tired, was
not having contractions, and that we could continue with out her. Hesitantly, Angie and I agreed and we split up to meet later on at the house.
At 6:00 Aunt Angie, Hazel and I were still at the mall and my phone rang. It was Lisa! This time she was a little concerned saying, "that she wasn't sure but she thought maybe she should go to hospital." I told her we were on the way and we would see how she felt when we got home.
We arrived at the house around 6:25 and entered the house to find Lisa in the shower having painful contractions and ready to get to the hospital. After a few minutes of trying to get Lisa dressed we were off and this is where the story goes very quick.
Here's the time line:
6:35pm called parents to inform them that we were on our way to the hospital
6:47pm arrived at ER entrance
6:48pm Lisa was having severe contractions in car
6:50pm ER Doctor says, "we're ready to deliver, do we do we have time to get her to labor and delivery!?"
6:51pm Ready! Let's go! Let's go!! Lisa (on a gourney), doctors, nurses and I take off sprinting through hospital to get up to the 3rd floor.
6:53pm Arrive at Labor and Delivery room where the L&D Doctors and Nurse decide to not move Lisa and deliver on the gourney.
7:13pm Zane Scott Slusher arrives!!!
Thank you Lord for our Handsome new gift!
14 comments:
So exciting to hear all the details! I'm glad Lisa didn't have to be induced. Congratulations to all of you! :)
Whew! All the waiting and wondering what day baby boy would arrive and then, 'Boom"! He is here!! So thankful for our newest grandson and Lisa's health.
Thank you God!
One minute we hear ... Not Yet, next minute ... He's Here!
Just thought of another name - ZIPPER.
-G
What a memory for Zane. So glad you were able to remember all the details to let us know. He is such a sweet looking baby. Happy that all are home and doing well.
Love,
A. Nancy
WOW!! That was fast. So glad that things went well and you all didn't have to do the induction route. You have a sweet little boy. Can't wait to see him. Please let me know what night is good to bring you all a meal. :) Love you all and congrats on your little boy. Hope Hazel is handling it well... Ellie did but only because he had toes... hahaha :)
I loved hearing all the details on this blog. Wow, that was fast! Glad all went well and Zane is here to hold and love.
I guess you can tell I am writing on Tom's computer. He also loved reading about the events and seeing the sweet pictures. Fran
WOOOOWWW!!! That was fast!!! How exciting!!! So glad things went well! :)Congrats on your sweet little baby boy! Miss you guys alot!!
I still can't believe how fast it all went. You guys had barely been gone an hour when mom called and said "we have a baby boy!" and I was like "We do?Already, wow!" I am so glad I got to be here when he was born. On your next baby, I will definitely tell Lisa to go straight to the Hospital!:-)
Now I am writing on my Dad's computer. What an exciting day! I understand though, I love the mall too! Mike Kakabeeke
CONGRATS!!!!!
Well, sure beats a long delivery huh? I can't even say how happy I am for all of you. I can't wait to see this little handsome man. :)
I have come back and read this story so many times. What a great delivery. Can't wait to meet little Zane.
It sure was an exciting delivery! Zane is adorable and I just know that Hazel is going to make a fantastic big sister! I miss you guys already!!
We love our baby Zane. What a day that was. We are so excited to be grandparents to a boy and we thank God that all went well. We love you.
Post a Comment