Monday, June 1, 2009

Hazel's Adventure Overseas

After 3 1/2 years of my sister living in London, I finally had an opportunity to go overseas and visit. Although we were sad to leave Scott behind to hold down the fort, Hazel & I began our adventure to go watch Aunt Stephanie receive her MBA.

We had a wonderful time exploring the city and enjoying some of Stephanie & Gavin's favorite local spots.


Hazel loved the public transportation! She had such fun riding the Tube & the busses, and each time one would arrive she would shriek with joy, and announce, "Choo choo!"

Congratulations, Steph, on your amazing accomplishment of your MBA! We're so proud of you!!

The picture on the bridge is in Regent's Park, where Steph's school was located.


Enjoying some dim sum with Stephanie, Gavin, Momma Jo, and Aunt Connie.

Clissold Park was just down the street from Steph's flat. It's a beautifully green park, with plenty of animals to check out.






You must always carry your "brawley," for in London you never know when the next shower may be!
A random castle behind Clissold Park.

Now for some sightseeing!


Changing of the guards at Buckingham Palace.





Hazel & I in front of the Palace.



Nana & Hazel in Green Park, which is across from Buckingham Palace.



The Tower Bridge, over the Thames River. We took a ferry ride down the Thames River, so we got to sail right underneath this beautiful bridge.



The London Eye is a huge ferris wheel which overlooks all of London. We didn't go on it, but it was amazing to see the size of it!!

St. Paul's Cathedral

There was so much more to our trip that isn't even pictured here. We enjoyed many walks around the city and on Stoke Newington High Street, where Steph lives. We went to the Natural History Museum, which Hazel loved! When she walked in the entry and saw an enormous dinosaur skeleton, she loudly announced, "WOW!" We 'Americans' (me, Hazel, Mom, and Aunt Connie) gained confidence as we learned our way around town without Steph & Gavin, hopping from one bus to another, and navigating the Tubes. We also enjoyed a wonderful Mother's Day with afternoon tea at the Brown's Hotel, a beautiful & extravagant hotel, which is the oldest tea room in London.

We had a fantastic trip, and were so glad to spend time in another part of the world that my sister calls home. And after a long 10-hour plane ride home, we were happy to be back home in our own beds!














6 comments:

Angie said...

I guess we're on at the same I time. I clicked back and here was a new post!! So fun to see your pics from your trip. What an amazing time, and how special to have that time with the girls!

Francie said...

It was great to see London again through your pictures. Looks like you had a wonderful time. I can't get over how much you and your sister look alike and your mom and must be her sister.

Grancy said...

What a wonderful trip. So glad you were able to enjoy. Thanks for sharing.

Auntie Steph said...

These are some great pics and it makes me wish you were still here even more! I even miss Hazel running around my flat pulling things out of the "oscar the grouch" trash can!! Love you guys!

Krusers said...

Wow, I feel like I'm back in London. What a great trip we had visiting Steph. So glad Hazel and I are "friends" again!!! Thank you to Connie for getting us there and Steph for having us. Love you guys.

Em said...

Loved seeing Stephanie and Gavin and reading the journal of your trip to England!

What a great traveller is our little Hazel Marie!