Okay, I know-I said-I would not be one of those overly proud dads. Butttt- Forget it!
When we first went to have Hazel's pictures taken, I saw all the mothers and fathers standing in line, patiently waiting and filled with excitement as they waited their turn to pick up their pictures.
I saw each one of them beam as the clerk unvailed there child portraits, some even cried. Then the hook, The portrait clerks say, "We have encluded three extra pictures for purchase for only $15.95 or $8.00 each, if you want to capture the moment further."
Some said, YES! immediatly and other hesitated for a moment. But, I thought to myself- Not me! Yeap! No one's going to take me with that line.
TODAY-
Today was now my turn to be that parent in line. Waiting patiently, filled with anticipation, and tingling with excitement. The first mother in line quietly walked to the counter and said pick for... As the protrait clerk removed the pictures her eye's began to well up with tears and then there it was. The Hook! I silently said to myself, don't do it it's a trap. But, she didn't even hesitate and said yes. I smiled and said, "well I guess you can't have enough pictures."
I continued waiting and watching the others in line, but the time had come. It was me, in the front of the line anxtiously waiting for Hazel's pictures. The young girl behind the counter said, "I can help you." I slowly walked to the counter and confidently said, "Pick up for Slusher."
"Just a moment sir." She pulled an envelope from the cabinet and without a word slowly placed each picture on the counter in front of me. My mind wandered back to the day when we were there having them taken and a smile came across my face. I looked up in a daze at the clerk and smiled. Then, she motion towards three other pictures to the left and said, "We have included three other pictures for $15.95 or $8.00 each if you want to capture the moment further."
Well, I won't tell what the out come was, but I am one of those proud fathers! Enjoy!


6 comments:
Of course you're a proud daddy, she is such a sweetie and absolutely beautiful. You have captured a moment that shows how much our little ones can change the way we view things. love you all. I hope to see the additional pictures hanging up on the wall:-) Love Ang
What a surprise to get the email with the precious pictures of Hazel Marie and then i told G, "I am going to checkout our grandbaby's site and what a suprise to read the gentle story of a father's love for his child.
Love you so much and send my hugs and kisses out through the universe to you all.
Love,
Em
Wish I could see all those pictures you bought. How tempting to buy when they are so precious. All fathers can not have enough of their littles ones.
Love,
A. Nancy
We are all suckers when it comes to our babies. :)
My Mom told me one time that when she would take us as babies to get our pictures taken that she would buy more then she needed (but its hard to decide which ones to get- they're all so cute!!) And my Dad would just get mad about how much money she spent. (back then money was tight) Then one day my Dad had to go buy the pictures and he bought them ALL!!!! Mom teased him endlessly. :)
She is adorable. Love them all. Eric and I's saying is, "She is not spoiled. She is well loved!" And I believe Hazel is well loved! :)
Hey Scott...I saw your comment on Kelly's blog...congrats on your beautiful baby girl!! She is absolutely adorable. Being a parent will forever flip your world upside down! I have a friend who does spectacular photography with newborns...if you are interested I can give you her name. They are the kind of photos that make you cry...
Congrats to you and Lisa!
Scott you are a bit of a sucker but I think we all understand... I couldn't turn down those pics either. Hazel, you haven't met Gavin yet but he made sure that we got you a teddy bear that was sooo soft that you could snuggle it always. We love the pic of you sleeping on it and have it up in our home. It is definitely our favorite and we look at it all the time!!!
Post a Comment